RFID used in railway cold chain logistics
As we all know, railway transportation is suitable for the transportation of long-distance and large-volume goods. China has a vast land area, and the production and sales of refrigerated food are far apart, which provides favorable external conditions for the development of cold-chain logistics for railways. However, from the current situation, China's railway refrigerated transport volume is relatively small, accounting for less than 1% of the total social refrigerated transport demand, and the railway's advantages in long-distance transportation have not been fully utilized.
First. The main problems of the traditional model
1. The transportation process is opaque
In order to reduce costs, third-party transportation companies may have the phenomenon of turning off the refrigerator during transportation and turning on the refrigerator only when they reach their destination soon, and cannot achieve the whole cold chain. When the goods are delivered, although the surface is frozen well, the quality has actually deteriorated.
2. The storage process is opaque
For cost considerations, warehousing companies may use the night trough to power on during the day and the equipment to shut down during the day, causing the temperature of the cold storage to fluctuate more than 10 ° C and the quality of the food to decline. The traditional monitoring method is to use a temperature recorder to measure. This method requires network and manual intervention to export the data, and the data is in the hands of the carrier and the warehousing enterprise. If the cargo owner wants to obtain the data, it is difficult. At present, some large domestic pharmaceutical companies and food companies prefer to invest large sums of money to build cold storage and transportation fleets, rather than using third-party cold chain logistics companies to provide services, which is obviously very costly.
3. Invalid handling
When the transport company picks up the goods in the production company, if it cannot be transported with a pallet, the worker needs to move the product from the pallet to the refrigerated truck; after the goods are sent to the storage or retail enterprise, the worker needs to unload the goods from the refrigerated truck and put it on the pallet In this way, it is easy to cause damage to the packaging and affect the quality of the goods.
4. Low efficiency of warehouse management
When entering or leaving the warehouse, you need to provide paper documents first, and then manually enter the computer. This is inefficient and has a high error rate.
5. Waste of human resources
It takes a lot of labor to load and unload goods and to code disks.
Second. the optimization strategy
1. Build a modern railway cold chain logistics center to provide a full range of services from transportation, storage, sorting and distribution of goods.
2. The application of pallets based on RFID technology is introduced into the field of cold chain logistics (that is, electronic tags are built on the pallets). The realization of pallet electronic informatization is of great significance for improving the level of logistics management and reducing logistics costs.
3. Introduce the concept of tray sharing. The pallets embedded with temperature tags are provided free of charge or leased to cooperating manufacturers to realize the consistent transportation of pallet operations in the railway cold chain logistics center, improving logistics efficiency and reducing costs.
Third. the optimized cold chain logistics model
1. Storage: When entering the warehouse, the basic information of the pallet goods (including production date, type, weight, etc.) is written through the binding of the handheld terminal.
2. Transportation: The cargo is transferred together with the pallet. The temperature sensor in the electronic tag can collect temperature information at any time and can be transmitted to the enterprise in real time through GPRS, so that the enterprise management personnel can grasp the temperature in the car compartment when sitting in front of the computer. , The system will automatically alarm.
3. Storage: The forklift takes the goods and the pallet together and places them on the conveyor line. The detection door is equipped with a fixed reader. When the RFID tags on the cargo box and pallet enter the reader's radiation range, they can be read. The staff only need to check the basic information in front of the screen, without manual unpacking and inspection.
4. Out of stock
(1) Distribution. After receiving the order, arrange the sorting of the goods and update the RFID information of the pallet goods. The sorted goods will be loaded into new pallets, and the information is bound to RFID tags. After the company's acceptance, the pallet is brought back by the warehouse.
(2) Enterprise self-report. Workers directly unload the goods from the pallet and load it onto the transportation vehicle (no need to provide a pallet at this moment).
Fourth. the expected effect
1. Increase the transparency of cold chain management. Due to the unique code characteristic of RFID, it can be used to realize the logistics tracking of goods in the entire cold chain.
2. Simplify the operation process and improve the logistics efficiency. Embedding RFID tags on the pallets and using automated equipment to send / unload goods into the warehouse not only reduces labor, but also saves time.
3. Improve inventory quality. Cooperate with the warehouse management system to achieve real-time inventory and ensure accuracy.
4. Reduce costs and increase revenue. RFID is used for inventory management, which can reduce manual review work and ensure the safety and accuracy of the quality of stored goods. The sharing of pallets can reduce transportation costs and improve the competitiveness of railway cold chain logistics centers.
The application of RFID technology has brought a turning point for the informatization and intelligent management of the cold chain logistics center. As the technology continues to mature, RFID will be more widely used in the entire cold chain supply chain.
Add：Xminnov IOT Industrial Park, No.943, Tonglong ErLu, Tong'an District, Xiamen, PRC 361100